Thursday, March 1, 2012

Free fun this month: March

Is there big crossover of old stuff and free events around town? I'm not sure, you can tell me when we meet up at some of these events.

March 6 2:30 pm
First Tuesday at the Archives, Archives Building Green Hills
Not sure what it is, but I want to find out. This month, someone discussing "Three Terraces," a historic home on Hillsboro Pike.

A club member's prize piece
that he showed me when I visited,
an 1861 stamp valued at $10,000.
March 10-11 10:00 am-6:00 pm; 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Stamp and Postcard Show, Music Valley Drive
I'm not an afficionado of either one, but I am strangely drawn to large (obsessive?) collections of any sort. I went to the twice-monthly meeting of the Nashville Philatelic Society a few weeks ago and found out there are also judged displays. I'm going to try to take my dad who does actually have an interest in stamp collecting and postcards.

March 16 7:00 pm
Pan's Labyrinth at the Frist
I love this movie of fantasy and horror and hope.

March 20-24
Nashville Fashion Week
My cousin Hannah from South Carolina says people in Nashville wear what they want--what does that even mean? I'm so curious how Nashville handles high fashion. The schedule isn't up yet, but I'm assured there are some free events.

With skinny jeans, I think.
March 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Cherry Blosson Festival, Public Square
Cosplay contest, Japanese market, musical acts, martial arts performance, more. I'm wearing my favorite haori (short kimono jacket) since I don't have a cosplay outfit. Yet.



TBA this month
Opening of Woodbine Coffee Co., Nolensville Pike
My good friend and sometimes business associate, Eddie Christy is opening a coffee shop with another friend Todd Rossbach about four blocks from my house! Straightforward coffee and good neighbors--love it.

2 comments:

  1. ooo the stamp and postcard show sounds interesting! we might have to hit that up. we went to the cherry blossom festival last year and it was kind of meh. maybe they will have improved this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice day outside on Public Square would be good either way! I'm up for diversifying--so if you hear of random things, let me know.

    ReplyDelete